Re: smart card and signing email => pin dialog => csp??

m.r. wrote on 22/05/2006 19:44:
do you know any resources about creating custom CSP????
i dont want to write entire CSP library, i want to overwrite only this
part which is responsible for this dialog and everything else
i will execute from my current library, could you give me some tips
where should i start

AFAIK it's impossible ... and the wrong way!

CSP uses to handle _session_ credentials, so default behaviour (from MS stack) will display the PIN dialog only once; likely your CSP asks your PIN for each signature because it knows about non repudiation of that key and thus enforce PIN verification for each access to the key.

this means that even if you implement a pass-thru CSP that catch and pass the signature request, the card-CSP will still ask for the PIN, just because it is coded this way.

the alternative (and thus a best way) is just to ask your provider for a tailored dialog (if you have a single license, it will be hard), or if you are lucky and use a CSP whose UI resources and not included (and so signed) in the CSP DLL, you can just create your own resources DLL (check dependencies of the CSP and all stuff coming with it).

Sylvain.

  • Re: [SmartCard CSP] How can I obtain a PIN to sign HASH ?
    ... CRYPT_IMPL_HARDWARE implies that all crypto functions are implemented with ... CRYPT_IMPL_MIXED implies that some functions are implemented in hardware ... > "CRYPT_IMPL_MIXED" means not call other CSP. ... > the user's PIN by myself. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Re[2]: Whats the mean of PIN cache in smart card csp
    ... The PIN cache described by the Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider ... smart card CSP. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Service caching Smart Card credentials
    ... You must check your CSP documentation. ... >Does the PIN prompt happen from the service? ... >PIN caching behavior is not absolutely standard. ... I open the private key for a cert. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Caching PIN
    ... I know how a CSP name associated with a card be identified.But after getting ... The usual approach taken by smart card CSP's implementors is to cache the ... PIN in the context of the CSP dll, thus you don't need to care about the ... I had a list of available readers on the system and the PIN is ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Return value using CRYPT_SILENT and PIN CACHING
    ... I´m trying to adapt a CSP to support the CRYPT_SILENT flag. ... I read the msdn´s SmartCardCookBook article in http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnscard/html/smartcardcspcook.asp. ... The corresponding client application has previously opened a context with the CRYPT_SILENT flag activated. ... Then, the CSP requires the user´s PIN for a private key operation, and it´s PIN cache isn't initialised. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)