Help using Crypto API with DES

I have a VB6 application running on Windows 2000 with which I'd like to
use the Crypto API to encrypt and decrypt info using triple DES.
Unfortunately, I'm a complete novice when it comes to cryptography and
am unable to get my code to work.

Could any of you security gurus please post some sample code (including
the required API declarations and constants) that illustrates how to
use the Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0 to
encrypt/decrypt a string using the triple DES algorithm? Thanks!

  • Improving the AONT pakagetransform
    ... That aside in in Ron's all or nothing package transform you take a ... a long message of English text you first encrypt it say with AES in a ... At this point say your stuck with 40 bit crypto you then encrypt ... Yet the fact is such an attack even with the larger ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Popular Cryptography Magazine
    ... Comparing scott19u.zip with adacrypt's Vector Cipher 2 is like ... Scott19u alway succeeded to encrypt any ... Once again, good work, David A. Scott. ... I have written more crypto it is ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Protect exe code against being decompiled
    ... encrypt it then it has what it needs to unencrypt it to ... your own crypto code. ... > because users can't run anauthorized executables. ... > Somebody knows some tool to encrypt an EXE file of such ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need simple lib for asymetric encryption
    ... I would like to encrypt some data with key1 and decrypt it again with key2. ... as 'public key' and to key2 as 'private key'. ... Public key crypto is abysmally slow. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Decryptionfailed to bring original text back....
    ... DESCryptoServiceProvider Algorithm to encrypt and decrypt then with same Key ... desProv.KeySize = keySize; ... public string Encrypt ... //Variable Telling if Crypto or Managed object is selected ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)