Re: CreateProcessAsUser fails with error 1314

Look at CreateService().

"a" <xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

>> The common way to solve the logOn problems with the APIs LogonUser()
>> and CreateProcessAsUser(), is to create a service process that acts as
>> a logOn broker, or that performs the privileged operations on behalf
>> of the endUser, then use some form of IPC mechanism such as mailSolt
>> or named pipe, to communicate with the service process from your main
>> application.
>>

> After many tests am no closer to fixing this error than I was when I
> started, so I decided I would try going with a NT service. Once I write
> this service though, how do I install it? I saw that Win2k resource kit
> has some tools for this task, but I don't have it - are there any free
> tools out there to do this?
>
> Thanks,

  • Re: CreateProcessAsUser fails with error 1314
    ... The common way to solve the logOn problems with the APIs LogonUser ... is to create a service process that acts as ... a logOn broker, or that performs the privileged operations on behalf ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CreateProcessAsUser fails with error 1314
    ... > The common way to solve the logOn problems with the APIs LogonUser ... is to create a service process that acts as ... but I don't have it - are there any free tools out ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)