Re: CreateProcessWithLogonW error

> Well, when using the API CreateProcessAsUser() does not succeed,
> and the function GetLastError() returns the error code # 1314,
> which is ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD, this is usually because the
> user's token does not have the needed access rights, which are the:
>
> TOKEN_QUERY,
> TOKEN_DUPLICATE,
> TOKEN_ASSIGN_PRIMARY.
>
> Moreover, the process that calls the API CreateProcessAsUser() must
> have
> following privileges:
>
> SE_ASSIGNPRIMARYTOKEN_NAME
> SE_INCREASE_QUOTA_NAME

How do you set these access rights and priviledges?

Thanks,

  • Re: How to give access rights to already-executing processes?
    ... > privileges. ... Access rights are associated with handles. ... Okay, that would explain why I can't see how to do this. ... > What exactly fails in your scenario, and with what error code? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CreateProcessAsUser fails with error 1314
    ... > explicitly turn them on in order to be able to use them. ... > the process that calls the API CreateProcessAsUser() must have the ... It seems, based on the other reply I got, that setting these privileges ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CreateProcessAsUser fails with error 1314
    ... Actually, if you read the documentation for CreateProcessAsUser, you will ... see that it automatically attempts to enable those two privileges. ... CreateProcessAsUser enables them for the ... > the process that calls the API CreateProcessAsUser() must have the ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)