Re: PocketPC (PPC) 2003 Crypto engine 40-bit
- From: Sylvain <noSpam@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:21:58 +0100
daveed wrote on 11/01/2006 19:11:
I need to make the new PPC 2003 use 40-bit encryption for a MD5-RC4 hash password. I developed the code under PC 2000-2002 which used 40-bit encryption and now in 2003 it fails due to the newer (default) 128-bit upgrade.
So to provided backward compatibility I would like to use 40-bit when running on the PPC 20003 platform; how is this done?
hmmm, what about writing yourself a RC4 cipher ? (about 5 lines of code, + key initialisation ok) and your own MD5 hash (64 rounds and thus 64 constants to copy & paste from one of the numerous free implementation).
- Prev by Date: Re: Using RevertToSelf in DLL to be used from classic ASP webapplication
- Next by Date: Re: Editing Msgina.dll - Change Logon Background
- Previous by thread: SSPI for machine identity
- Next by thread: Re: Editing Msgina.dll - Change Logon Background