Re: PocketPC (PPC) 2003 Crypto engine 40-bit

daveed wrote on 11/01/2006 19:11:
I need to make the new PPC 2003 use 40-bit encryption for a MD5-RC4 hash password. I developed the code under PC 2000-2002 which used 40-bit encryption and now in 2003 it fails due to the newer (default) 128-bit upgrade.

So to provided backward compatibility I would like to use 40-bit when running on the PPC 20003 platform; how is this done?

hmmm, what about writing yourself a RC4 cipher ? (about 5 lines of code, + key initialisation ok) and your own MD5 hash (64 rounds and thus 64 constants to copy & paste from one of the numerous free implementation).

Sylvain.

  • Re: GEOM_RAID in GENERIC is harmful
    ... 9.0-RELEASE can be installed on such HDDs and use them with GMIRROR or ZFS ... That's makes users very angry when production server fails to boot ... with GENERIC kernel after correctly performed upgrade. ... Disabling them will also make metadata removal without full wipe more difficult because different RAIDs have different on-disk metadata layout, and you should know where exactly to apply dd. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Netopia R910 and WINS
    ... more than a 256K ADSL then you will improve encryption performace if you ... upgrade those units to a current 3386-ENT or 3387WG-ENT model. ... I have 10down/1up Mbit connection so ...
    (comp.dcom.vpn)
  • Re: More CryptImportKey/NTE_BAD_KEY issues
    ... > key is apparently a public key that correspond to private key stored on ... all of this code works fine on machine A but fails on ... >> encryption keys with that master key, yet it still fails on the ... >> CryptImportKey routine even on keys that it generated itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Netopia R910 and WINS
    ... more than a 256K ADSL then you will improve encryption performace if you ... I have 10down/1up Mbit connection so ... No firmware upgrade could help this. ...
    (comp.dcom.vpn)
  • Re: Help with encryption key in Word 2007
    ... When it asks you select the encoding, it isn't meaning that it has been deliberately encoded as in encryption. ... If that fails, again select the file and chose the Recover Text from any File option. ...