Re: using local system account in tool

CraateService, StartService, ...

O.

"Peter Verhey" <PeterVerhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:74C3C3B9-F84F-4F25-AB38-94D2D76B81D0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello Joe,
>
> thank you for your reply.
> Is it possible to activate the service from within the tool?
> So people start a tool, select a printer, let it install it through a
> service and then close down the tool and there with the service also?
>
> And if that is possible, what would be the best way to do that?
> My expirience is not that great...
>
> thanks
>

> --
> It's not when, but How .....
>

> "Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can only do things as localsystem from within a service. So you get
>> to write
>> a service.
>>
>> --
>> Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
>> www.joeware.net
>>

>> Peter Verhey wrote:
>> > Hello there,
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how I can code the use of the local system account
>> > to run
>> > certain operations in a tool.
>> > I want to redirecvt the LPT1 to a network printer in a tool, users whom
>> > run
>> > the tool don't ave the permission to redirecvt the lpt1 port, local
>> > system
>> > can.
>> > I hope than anyone can help me with this, thank you.

  • Re: Using Local system account for application
    ... >>> Can anyone tell me how I can code the use of the local system account ... >>> I want to redirecvt the LPT1 to a network printer in a tool, ... >>> the tool don't ave the permission to redirecvt the lpt1 port, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)
  • Re: Using Local system account for application
    ... > Can anyone tell me how I can code the use of the local system account to ... > the tool don't ave the permission to redirecvt the lpt1 port, local system ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)