Re: User account management and information functions usage with trusted domains

Hi Sami,

Sorry for letting you wait for so long.

Based on my understand, you have 2 domains A and B, clientA is a client
machine which joins domain A. Then you use a domain user of domain B(say it
is userB) to do logon in machine clientA. At last, you test NetUserGetInfo
and other network managed APIs on clientA(with B/userB as interactive user)
machine to get B/userB account infomration, but it fails, yes? If I
misunderstand you , please feel free to tell me, thanks.

Can you show me what error you get when using NetUserGetInfo on clientA
with B/userB logon?

I have managed to setup an environment as your scenario(which costs me some
time and causes this delayed reply), I used the sample code in the MSDN
link below to do the test:

When I use "z:\securitytest.exe \\ msjeff"(note: msjeff is
a domain account of subw2k domain) to run the sample above on client
machine(the client machine joins another domain, instead of subw2k), I got
the correct account information.

So it should work well in trust domain.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan