Re: Crypto API using RC2 instead of RC4?

From: Valery Pryamikov (valery_at_harper.no)
Date: 11/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:47:54 +0100

I didn't look at the code in KB... but it should not be too difficult to put
on decryption function out of working encryption function -- you basicly
replace encrypt with decrypt (and then it is mostly cosmetic changes). The
problem "with certain strings" usually due to use of wrong padding mode -
just make sure that you use same padding mode on both ends and that's it.

-Valery.
http://www.harper.no/valery

"Matt" <mtaylor@gladstonemrm.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply Valery,
>
> Basically I am trying to do what is described by this KB article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821762
>
> I have a VB 6 app that needs to encrypt some data, send it over the
> network to a .Net app which decrypts it, the VB 6 app then receives
> encrypted data in return which it needs to decrypt.
>
> The KB article was great, but they don't provide the decrypt function
> in VB 6, only the encrypt. I tried to create myself but it just errored
> with certain strings.
>
> So now I am desperately looking for some way to get an algorithm that
> will work between VB6 & .Net.
>
> All I really need is a working decrypt function to go along with the
> provided encrypt function from the above KB article. :(
>
> Matt

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crypto API using RC2 instead of RC4?
    ... Matt wrote: ... > The KB article was great, but they don't provide the decrypt function ... > in VB 6, only the encrypt. ... Algorithm or RC4 Stream Algorithm. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Simple file encryption decryption problem in C#
    ... I've created an encrypt and decrypt function, ... The functions work if I send in FileStreams. ... If I send in a MemoryStream to it then write the stream to the ...
  • Re: Crypto API using RC2 instead of RC4?
    ... I have a VB 6 app that needs to encrypt some data, ... network to a .Net app which decrypts it, the VB 6 app then receives ... but they don't provide the decrypt function ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • TripleDES Encryption issue
    ... string into an encryption function which outputs that encrypted string, ... The encrypt part seems to work, ... cryptStream.FlushFinalBlockin the decrypt function is what fails. ...
  • Re: insert into a db...
    ... Is it a requirement to have encrypted data in the database itself? ... While we must encrypt all data that is sent ... I assume that you'll be using VB Script as your ASP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)