Usage of CertVerifyRevocation

From: Ghazanfar Ali (ghazanfar.ali_at_ascertia.com)
Date: 10/21/05

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:04:52 +0500

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please tell me that way or the link, that how can i use
CertVerifyRevocation function to check the revocation of some certificate.
If some one can provide a small example showing the usage and parameter
passing to CertVerifyRevocation API. I have used it as :
DWORD encodingtype = X509_ASN_ENCODING | PKCS_7_ASN_ENCODING;

DWORD revocationType = CERT_CONTEXT_REVOCATION_TYPE;

DWORD noOfCerts = 1;

PVOID * dwCertPtr = new PVOID[1];

dwCertPtr[0] = &m_Certificate;

DWORD revocationFlags = CERT_VERIFY_REV_CHAIN_FLAG;

PCERT_REVOCATION_STATUS revocationStatus = 0;

BOOL b =
CertVerifyRevocation(encodingtype,revocationType,noOfCerts,dwCertPtr,revocationFlags,NULL,revocationStatus);

where m_Certificate is of type CERT_CONTEXT, it is throwing the exception.
Please some one can help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

From,

Ghazanfar