Re: Add Private Keys in System Store MY

From: sunit (sunit_at_newsgroup.nospam)
Date: 10/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:02:16 +0530

[Rhett Gong]
> To achieve this, we need to open the default CSP on the system, read in the pvk blob and import the key with >CryptImportkey

.In refrence to the link what i understood

if(!CryptAcquireContext(&hCryptProv,NULL, MS_ENHANCED_PROV,
                                      PROV_RSA_FULL, 0))

i will get the handle to key container in a Default CSP

if(!CryptImportKey(hCryptProv,pbKeyBlob,dwKeyBlobLen,0,0,&hKey))

import the Private keys(from a file) in the key container.

 But I am not understanding how will my private keys get stored in System Store MY (as MY contains certificate with associated Private Keys) .PLS help me. I m newbie in Crytography.

Thanx in Advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AcquireCredentialsHandle returns SEC_E_UNKNOWN_CREDENTIALS
    ... this flag is only really relevant in some situations ... as when strong key protection is enabled using the rsaenh.dll CSP. ... I've never seen anyone use these cipher suites in the ... Signature only RSA private keys can be used for client ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Key container - removeing entries?
    ... > - Mitch Gallant ... >> Key Container when Preivate key in CSP is selected. ... > version of Signcode (Signtool signwizard). ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Key container - removeing entries?
    ... the Signing Options sub-dialog. ... Here is a .NET 1.1 tool that lists all keycontainers, ... > Key Container when Preivate key in CSP is selected. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Add Private Keys in System Store MY
    ... To achieve this, we need to open the default CSP on the system, read in the pvk blob and import the key with CryptImportkey. ... Rhett Gong [MSFT] ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: How to know what key pair to use when CPSignHash is called
    ... but I have two available AT_SIGNATURE key pairs ... I thought that maybe I could know it by the key container requested in the ... in the machine and associated to my CSP. ... that resides on the current container associated with the hProv parameter. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)