Re: Print Monitor Code breaks on Windows 2003

From: Pratham (pratham_at_community.nospam)
Date: 09/02/05

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:16:33 +0530

Hello Rhett
I believe the last time I sent you the sample code, it did not reached you
as I fail to find listing in the thread.

You will have make a service code piece that runs in the system account.
This service should call the exe generated from my last code piece that I
had sent you.

I insisted on service running in systen account because the actual code runs
in print monitor that is called from "spooler" service which is running in
system account.

Hope this helps you helping me.

Thanks for your help so far. If I can get this code piece in order that
shall be great help.

Thanks
Vivek Anand
"Rhett Gong [MSFT]" <v-raygon@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply. Vivek Anand.
> I download the code attached here and compile it to an exe file.
>
> |>Please attach the exe generated from the code, to a SYSTEM account
process,
> |>to simulate the problem.
>
> I am afraid I can't understand how to repro the problem after reading the
line above.

> From your code, it is not a debugger code but should be a simple console
application which requires interaction with desktop, so I am not sure how
can I attach an exe to a
> system process.
> A general scenario is as following:
> 1> created a service in localsystem account
> 2> then, launch "SaveIOFileWait.exe" as localsystem from this service
> Is this same as yours? If yes, I would assist you for some code. If not,
could I ask you post more details here so that I can better understand your
scenario?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp&SD=msdn