Re: Sign message using SHA2 hash algorithm

From: Eugene Mayevski (mayevski_at_eldos.com)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:13:49 +0300

Hello!
You wrote on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:29:05 -0700:

 v> I need to sign message and use one of the SHA2 algorithms for hashing.
 v> CryptSignMessage or CryptMsgOpenToEncode uses OID to identify the hash
 v> alg. But for example 2.16.840.1.101.3.4.2.1 which is sha256 doesn't
 v> work. Is there a way to handle this with CAPI?

There'no built-in way (and even when it is added, how would you deal with
this on older systems).
SecureBlackbox 4 ( http://www.eldos.com/sbb/ ) supports this.

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski

Relevant Pages

  • Sign message using SHA2 hash algorithm
    ... CryptSignMessage or CryptMsgOpenToEncode uses OID to identify the hash alg. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: How to make PKCS#7 signature using CryptoAPI?
    ... Those MSDN samples hash a string PLUS the null byte (so that it ... I tried your sample and had no problem verifying with openssl (after I added ... functions (including CryptSignMessage). ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Hashing OIDs
    ... unsigned hash = 0 ... for component in (all bytes or integers of the OID): ... So if your OIDs have a binary representation, ... with bit 8 in each "digit" set if there are more digits ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Hashing OIDs
    ... unsigned hash = 0 ... for component in (all bytes or integers of the OID): ... So if your OIDs have a binary representation, ... with bit 8 in each "digit" set if there are more digits ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: CryptSignMessage on very large files
    ... One simple solution is to incrementally compute the SHA-1 hash of the large ... I dont know if it would help you. ... steps while rebuilding the PDF. ... I'm using CryptSignMessage to sign PDF files and it works fine ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)