Getting the list of users in a host. Followup to a previous quest

From: Sudhakar Govindavajhala (
Date: 05/18/05

    Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:09:36 -0700

    Hi there,

     [ I asked a related question in March. Thanks to OShah and Raghu Malpani
    for posting their thoughts.]

    Now, I have a followup question. Given a user, I know how to get the
    groups to which a user belongs. I am trying to generate a list of local
    users on my host. (No active directory.) Can someone tell me how to do it?
    A solution I am able to think of is to use LsaEnumerateAccountsWithUserRight
    Can someone tell me a better way to do it? Is there an enumerate API that
    will list all the SIDs that are mentioned in the LSA?

    Another thing I want to do is to get an idea of what the process token looks
    like after the user logs in. Is there a way I can do this easily? Can
    someone tell me the detailed steps involved in logging in a user. After the
    GINA/LSA authenticates the user, how does one go about constructing the
    process token for the first process? (explorer.exe??) Given a process
    token, my program knows if the process can access resource X. Now I am
    trying to see if a user Y who logs in has access to resource X.

    Thanks for being patient with my questions. I am newbie trying to become an
    expert on these stuff.

    • Re: Website Development
      ... I'll absolutely need a database, and a method where the ... user logs in. ... but top posting seems to make sense for some replies. ... > microsoft.public.scripting.jscript "Jonathan Wood" ...
    • Re: How to use DataSets without DataBinding?
      ... I am creating a function that is called after a user logs in to my ... some of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - ... but this is a classic ADO newsgroup. ... collection of the datatable to get to the particular DataRow object you ...
    • Re: Unable to Add Domain User to Local Admin Group.
      ... Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... local admin group of that pc I can't do it. ... Another thing when the user logs onto the PC, ...
    • Re: Cannot Copy Default User
      ... Richard McCall [MSFT] ... "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > When I add a new user I get the following error message ... > when that user logs in. ...