Dialog in Gina

From: Nick (Nick_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/18/05

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:38:01 -0700

Hi there,

Within Gina code, if you want to create dialogs you will need to use the
functions provided by winlogon, such as WlxDialogBox. The dialogs created by
these functions are disruptible by winlogon.

According to MSDN, "Winlogon sends messages to the GINA while dialog boxes
are displayed. These messages are all encapsulated in the WLX_WM_SAS message."

My questions are

1) I have never seem this message in my dialog box when there is a timeout.
What I have done wrong?

2) How does winlogon destroy dialogs when it needs to? I assume before the
dialog is destroyed, the dialog procedure is supposed to receive a WLX_WM_SAS
message. Am I right?

Thanks

Nick

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Dialog in Gina
    ... The destroy is then fired by winlogon.exe. ... > Within Gina code, if you want to create dialogs you will need to use the ... > functions provided by winlogon, ... The dialogs created by ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Dialog in Gina
    ... WLX_WM_SAS when there is a timeout. ... I was hoping that when winlogon destroys the ... The invisible dialog was destroyed by winlogon but the owned dialog ... I have checked the messages that these two dialogs received and I could see ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Third party dialog in replacement Gina
    ... Nick napisał: ... the PKCS#11 library needs to pop up its own dialog to collect user ... >>need to create dialogs with Wlx functions that Winlogon provides. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)