RE: Remote Assistance problem

From: Stefan Schachner[MSFT] (
Date: 05/04/05

Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 19:39:59 GMT

>>Thanks, YanHong. I wish that I, as a developer, had the ability (or the
>>balls) to say to my client, "Gee, yes, that's a problem, but it's not my
>>problem, it's MS's, or actually, it's not in this particular area, but in
>>some other, which I don't have access to yet, so I really can't help you
>>my system work."
>>Yup, that'd get me fired.
>>Wish I could fire MS like that.
>>I write this because it seems that MS has very recently started to get
>>interested in gripes like mine, and I hope someone sees it. I've had
>>problems with printers on Terminal Services and Remote Assistance and
>>things recently, and they all affect my ability as a developer to deliver
>>good solution to my users. They expect me to have all the answers, and
>>not sure I can if MS doesn't.
>>I write pretty complex systems, so I can understand part of MS's
>>but let me tell you, MS's cash flow is a whole lot bigger than mine is,
and I
>>wish they'd allocate some of it appropriately. I mean after 20 years
>>still can't write a decent word processor? No surprise if complicated
>>like Terminal Services breaks.
>>Sorry to take this out on you, and nothing personal. but I'm about to
>>up and
>>take up something like carpentry, where my Skil saw doesn't suddenly go
>>at a 90-degree angle. My tools should WORK! MS's DON'T.
>>"Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]" wrote:
>>> Hello Kevin,
>>> Thanks very much for your feedback.
>>> I reviewed the email thread when Ray reported it to me. Based on my
>>> understanding, this is a Remote Assistance related issue on windows.
>>> group is for security programing in platform SDK. Actually, all MSDN
>>> managed newsgroups are supporting programming related issues. Windows
>>> configuration/setup related issues are not covered in MSDN managed
>>> newsgroup yet.
>>> For this issue, partner support private group is better for it. It is
>>> free to registered Microsoft partners. Please refer to the following
>>> It provides OS support, AD support, and other configuration support.
>>> Surely if you would like to use MSDN support on it, I think you can
>>> consider using one of your free support incidents in MSDN package to
>>> contact Microsoft and our support engineers will contact you directly
>>> it. If there is any unclear, please feel free to post here. Thanks very
>>> much for your understanding.
>>> Best regards,
>>> Yanhong Huang
>>> Microsoft Community Support
Hey Kevin,
     Please feel free to contact the MSDN Managed Newsgroup feedback alias
( some one will be more than happy to assist you..

Yan-Hong and Rhett are not saying "Gee, yes, that's a problem, but it's not
my problem" they are reiterating exactly what you said in your initial post
"(I don't see a discussion group that this would naturally apply to. I
Security is close enough.)" Unfortunately your question is not best suited
for this newsgroup, the newsgroup best suited for this question is
microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely.. All Rhett was trying to do is
assist you in locating the best resources to resolve your issue. Have you
had a chance to post your question to that newsgroup yet? If you do not
want to pursue that avenue then as Yan-Hong suggested we will be more than
happy to open up a support call using one of your incidents.. If all of
your incidents are used up then please contact us on the
MsdnManagedNewsgroup Feedback alias and we will be more than happy to see
what we can do to get you some assistance.

I apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you and if
there is anything else I can do to assist you please let us know.

Stefan Schachner
MSDN Community Program Manager
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Excel link
    ... you can again post information to the developer ... newsgroup with information on how to contact you by email. ... timescaled portion. ... I would like to create a link between a cell in Ms ...
  • Re: Cant get page 5 out of Word by itself
    ... Entourage FAQ Page: ... Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. ... > The only way to get back the ability to enter values in those ... > generic Mac OS printer driver. ...
  • RE: SBS Sharepoint home page links
    ... Please feel free to post in the developer network. ... Bill Peng ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • Re: Recommend an Application Development/Report Writing Tool?
    ... > I'm an experienced Access developer who appreciates the many wonderful ... > abilities that Access has as a front end development tool on an Oracle ... > management system (a very poorly done one, in my opinion, but one I am ... > some data manipulation ability. ...
  • Recommend an Application Development/Report Writing Tool?
    ... I'm an experienced Access developer who appreciates the many wonderful abilities that Access has as a front end development tool on an Oracle database. ... I'm looking for something that will let me easily connect to my data and use subforms/subreports, the ability to bind data to forms/reports and will allow me to escape the "enslavement" of having to run around to different installs and making sure a proper ODBC DSN is set up. ...