Custom Authentication Package causing exception in lsass.exe on W2

From: Paul Kennedy (Kennedy_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/28/05

    Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:20:02 -0700

    Hi,

    I have a custom authentication package DLL which, when it's LsaApLogonUser()
    entrypoint is invoked, creates a LSA_TOKEN_INFORMATION_V2, then fills the
    structure's Expiration Time, User Token, Groups Token, Primary Group Token,
    Privileges, Owner Token and DefaultDacl. I manually marshall the V2
    structure, allocating a large block of memery from the LSA heap and using
    this to hold structures whose pointers are set in the V2 structure.

    After LsaApLogonUser() returns, lsass.exe vets the token, creates a Logon
    session and eventually returns a user token handle to my calling application.

    This all works fine on WXP and W2K3. But on W2K, lsass.exe hits a
    DbgBreakPoint()[according to the crashdump] when calling
    LsarLookupPrivilegeValue(). This causes the W2K system to shutdown in a
    controlled way.

    Has anyone else encountered this problem, or offer any guidance on how I
    might track down the root cause ?

    Pk.