How to Create a File

From: Rich S. (RichS_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/21/05

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:18:02 -0700

Hello,

How does one create a file in his "My Documents" folder if one does not have
rights to the parent directories (Documents and Settings....?)

I am developing as a Limited User on XP Pro, and when my program tries to
create a file given the full path from the root, it fails. But if I just
give the filename, it succeeds.

Is the solution to give only a relative path?

Thank you,
Rich

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Relative Path in OLE DB string pointing to Access source
    ... This ensures the current workbook folder is active and ... dialog box) it is relative to the active folder, ... thus I want to establish a relative path to the Access DB. ... the OLE DB string should have a relative string like ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Absolute and Relative Paths
    ... I don't think he means "relative path" in the sense that I understand the ... unless the folder in question is listed in the PATH variable ... script to run an uninstall in the general case (i.e. where the standard ... The simple answer to the question "But how can i do this if Mcafee or ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: SAVE AS WEB PAGE links not linking independent of where run
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... I thought I was using a relative path since the Address from ... Insert Hyperlink was only showing document2.doc ... document2.doc in the folder where they were created. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: SAVE AS WEB PAGE links not linking independent of where run
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... I thought I was using a relative path since the Address from ... Insert Hyperlink was only showing document2.doc ... document2.doc in the folder where they were created. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: How can I "save as" a solution??
    ... The solution has a relative path to the project file, ... don't want affecting my live copy of the code, I just copy the entire folder ... Microsoft's own source control doesn't ... copies of all the original project files? ...