RE: Encrypting and signing data

From: lelteto (lelteto_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/13/05

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:43:25 -0700

Certainly it is possible to use low-level CAPI functions to separately create
signature (CryptCreateHash, CryptHashData, CryptSignHasn) and encrypt your
data (CryptEncrypt).

Laszlo Elteto
SafeNet, Inc.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to create my own encrypted file format. By
> this I mean the order in which the encrypted session key,
> signature and data are stored.
>
> So rather than using CryptSignAndEncryptMessage, using
> certificates, is it possible to separately sign and
> separately encrypt the data (and reverse this operation)?
> One issue I am worried about is to retreive the public key
> from the certificate when encrypting. I don't know of any
> function to get the public key from the certificate.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Encrypt data
    ... because the Java code you provided is NOT RSA encryption but it ... is RSA signature generation/verification code. ... 3DES key) to encrypt any amount of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Encrypt data
    ... the signature ... bytes exactly for a 1024 bit RSA key). ... public key. ... 3DES key) to encrypt any amount of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Encrypt data
    ... You don't 'decode' a signature. ... bytes exactly for a 1024 bit RSA key). ... public key. ... 3DES key) to encrypt any amount of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Encrypt data
    ... Mitch Gallant ha scritto: ... The verifymethod expects the binary pkcs1 signature (which should be ... bytes exactly for a 1024 bit RSA key). ... 3DES key) to encrypt any amount of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: IBM Touts Integrated Encryption
    ... signature does ... stealing a file with the private key. ... hardware-based scheme to encrypt does indeed secure ...
    (sci.crypt)