Re: Office update backup folder?

From: Aaron Margosis [MS] (aaron.margosis.ms_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/13/05

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:24:46 -0400

On my system, the Office 2003 bits are in C:\MSOCache. Probably the biggest
downside of deleting this folder is that whenever you install any Office
2003 patch/update/service-pack, you'll need to insert Office installation
media. The next downside is needing to insert installation media when you
want to enable functionality not yet fully installed.

Have you run the disk cleanup tool yet? It does a pretty good job of
ferreting out unneeded temp files, etc. It's in All Programs \ Accessories
\ System Tools.

HTH

-- Aaron

"lelteto" <lelteto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running low on free disk space on my system partition.
> When I install Windows patches I know that the backup directories are
> NtUninstallKBnnnnnn (under \WINDOWS) and I usually delete them after a few
> weeks. (I also delete the files in \Windows\System32\DllCache.) However, I
> don't know where Office Update stores the backup files (so the update can
> be
> uninstalled - not that I would want to do it).
>
> Anybody knows where the Office (2000 and 2003) patch / update stores the
> backup files? Is it safe to delete them (assuming I never want uninstall)?
> Thanks,
>
> Laszlo Elteto
> SafeNet, Inc.

Relevant Pages

  • Possible to Install SP2 without Uninstall?
    ... does not have sufficient space to store the Uninstall Folders and do the ... The error Im getting is dusing the install: ... "You do not have enough free disk space on C: to archive the uninstall ... To install Service Pack 2 with backup files for uninstall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Broken Dust Cap
    ... The alloy ones screw in, and are metal so they won't break. ... downside is you need an allen wrench to install and remove them. ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: Mozilla apps?
    ... Is there a downside to installing them manually? ...  I know in OS/2 I can do this ... I used it to install pianobar from source. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Tex and F13 - help please
    ... So I will install the rpm's from CPAN - the downside is for some reason ... R requires the fedora texlive to install and I need R too ... ... packages make life a lot simpler. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: XP Install
    ... Install WinXP. ... future problems as well -- an upgrade install from ME to XP has a ... downside). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)