RE: WTSEnumerateSessions and Welcome Screen

From: Rob (Rob_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/25/05

    Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:33:02 -0800

    I don't recall exactly how XP works with regards to this because it
    implements terminal services differently than 2000 and 2003 (single user TS).
    But for a real terminal server, logging off disconnects you from that
    session, but the session remains active with no logged on user. winlogon.exe,
    belonging to local system, displays the welcome screen - not that you can see
    it since you've logged out.

    Terminal Services has its own method for both reusing sessions and cleaning
    them up - eventually.

    "flat_ross" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > If there is a better NG for this, please let me know.
    >
    > I have WTSEnumerateSessions working with WTSEnumerateProcesses to get
    > all Terminal Services users. I match up the unique process users'
    > sessions from WTSEnumerateProcesses with the SessionInfo structures
    > returned from WTSEnumerateSessions. I then check the Status and
    > WinStation to see if a session is active.
    >
    > However, when I go Start -> LogOff to bring up the Welcome Screen,
    > terminal services is still reporting the session status as Active and
    > the station as Console. So I guess the Welcome Screen belongs to the
    > last user and it is not its own session. But I need to know that XP is
    > sitting on the Welcome Screen and therefore all users are disconnected
    > (from my perspective).
    >
    > If the only answer is WTSRegisterSessionNotification, then may someone
    > supply either a CSharp or VB.NET example as I only have been able to
    > find CPP examples. Or if CPP is the only way perhaps a full project I
    > could just slap into VS7 and compile?
    >
    > Thanks!

    • WTSEnumerateSessions and Welcome Screen
      ... I have WTSEnumerateSessions working with WTSEnumerateProcesses to get ... all Terminal Services users. ... WinStation to see if a session is active. ... Or if CPP is the only way perhaps a full project I ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: GroupPolicy reconnect from original client only Policy&Termina
      ... wich should be able to reconnect to his old session if he disconects his ... If you want one connection for client you must configure that each client ... GPO "Restrict Terminal Services Users to a single remote session". ...
    • Re: TS admin session
      ... the setting "Restrict Terminal Services Users to a single session" should ... in Terminal Services Configuration ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
    • Re: TS admin session
      ... in Terminal Services Configuration ... - tcp-rdp connection. ... "Restrict Terminal Services Users to a single session" ... Terminal Services Configuration - Server settings ...