RE: How to use custom CSP with Outlook?

From: lelteto (lelteto_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/23/05

    Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:31:05 -0800

    You need a certificate for the email address you want to use and that cert
    has to refer to YOUR custom CSP as the provider (and the container within
    your provider where you store the private key).
    You don't need to change the default provider.

    Laszlo Elteto
    SafeNet, Inc.

    "Michael" wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I wondered how I may use my custom CSP with outlook. Since Outlook connects
    > the certificate somewhat with the CSP, and the e-mail of the Outlook account
    > must match the e-mail provided in the certificate, is it mandatory to create
    > the certifcate you want to use with the CSP you want to use?
    > Or is there another way? In MSDN is stated somewhere, one hast to avoid
    > setting the customCSP as the default CSP for some reason.
    > I would be happy if somebody could list me the possibilities to use my
    > custom CSP with Outlook
    >
    > regards,
    > mich

    • Re: Custom CSP and IE
      ... If the key pair corresponding to your cert are generated/installed/imported ... that certificate and private key are required, ... Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide: ... > I am developing custom CSP, and I am wondering how I can ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Custom CSP in Office 2003?
      ... I've developed a custom CSP. ... However, in Office 2003, I found my CSP ... Provider type is PROV_RSA_SIG. ... Here's how I register the certificate into system cert store: ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • RE: How to store/ use encoded private key at windows certificate s
      ... The option for a custom CSP is beyond my requirement.Let me explain my ... SChannel SSPI to store/use encrypyed private key. ... > Windows Certificate Storage. ... >> But I’m facing a problem with windows certificate store, ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • How to use custom CSP with Outlook?
      ... I wondered how I may use my custom CSP with outlook. ... the certificate somewhat with the CSP, and the e-mail of the Outlook account ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: How to intercepte HTTPS in internet explorer
      ... I think you are right about custom CSP but the problem we have is ... before we put the certificate in the certificate store. ... Because we load a certificate from an external server, ... and IE (client side) starts the certificate exchange. ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)