How to use custom CSP with Outlook?

From: Michael (m.koli_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:19:14 +0100

Hi!

I wondered how I may use my custom CSP with outlook. Since Outlook connects
the certificate somewhat with the CSP, and the e-mail of the Outlook account
must match the e-mail provided in the certificate, is it mandatory to create
the certifcate you want to use with the CSP you want to use?
Or is there another way? In MSDN is stated somewhere, one hast to avoid
setting the customCSP as the default CSP for some reason.
I would be happy if somebody could list me the possibilities to use my
custom CSP with Outlook

regards,
mich

Relevant Pages

  • Custom CSP in Office 2003?
    ... I've developed a custom CSP. ... However, in Office 2003, I found my CSP ... Provider type is PROV_RSA_SIG. ... Here's how I register the certificate into system cert store: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: How to use custom CSP with Outlook?
    ... You need a certificate for the email address you want to use and that cert ... your provider where you store the private key). ... > I wondered how I may use my custom CSP with outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Outlook and CPDecrypt
    ... If the recipient's PRIVATE KEY is not in the custom CSP than there is no ... Did you check if Outlook calls any of the standard MS CSPs? ... > use of CPDecrypt when decrypting a mail message. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: How Outlook Express use my own CSP and my own encryption algrithum
    ... Did you try to set YOUR CSP as the default crypto provider? ... Outlook will need your CSP (linked to your certificate) ONLY when the ... PRIVATE key is used - verify and encrypt are operations ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: How to use custom CSP with Outlook?
    ... Where is the CSP saved in Certificate? ... >> I wondered how I may use my custom CSP with outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)