Re: how to zip a folder

From: shiva (shiva_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:15:03 -0800

Dear Mr.Nathan

 sorry for troubling u.
iamnt into system side development previously,so iam finding difficulty in
completing this.slowly iam learning.
as u said iam using the FindFirstFile and FindNextFile to get the files n a
directory,
also i need to check any other subfolders are there inside the source folder.
i thnk i can use isDirectory() to findout that
iam finding now a problem in enumerating all this contents into a single zip.
i thnk iam asking u very basic things.
please help me to proceed further

regards
shiva

"csnathan" wrote:

> what i am saying is not ridiculous , but Valery's reply is ridiculous.
>
> Shiva wants to give folder as input to his applications which can
> comfortably zip a file .Here very basic programming knowledge is required.
> If he can zip a file , he has to enumerate the folder , then give the file
> names one by one internally
> as input . i dont understand what is ridiculous here ...
>
> Valery,Don't you see your reply is ridiculous now?
>
> --csnathan
>
> "Valery Pryamikov" <valery@harper.no> wrote in message
> > Whether it c or c++, but csnathan says something that was never asked in
> > this thread. Shiva asks how to compress folder with zip compression,
> > csnathan answers how to enumerate files in folder. Its like:
> > - [shiva] how can I compress my folder?
> > - [csnathan] you should use dir to list content of your folder.
> > - [shiva] how do I can I use that for compressing folder's contents?
> > - [csnathan] just type dir in cmd window to list folder's content.
> > Don't you see it is kind of ridiculous...
> >
> > -Valery.
> > http://www.harper.no/valery
> >

> > "Sam Hobbs" <samuel@social.rr.com_change_social_to_socal> wrote in message
> >> VC is C (and C++).
> >>

> >> "shiva" <shiva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • how to zip a folder
    ... iam involved in developing an application,where i want to zip a folder from ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: how to zip a folder
    ... iam not very much clear abt this. ... also,i need to read a folder also,if its is there inside a folder ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: how to zip a folder
    ... You need to get the files in the folder using ... FindFirstFile/FindnextFile/FindClose functions ... > i have used a utility to zip a file,where iam comfortably able to ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Need Expert comment on .exe problem
    ... Are you using different bld files or modifying a single bld to obtain the exe? ... thats the reason iam not able to post it. ... iam finding his problem. ...
    (comp.lang.labview)
  • Re: Cannot get Cerverus ftp server to work
    ... Iam trying to understand. ... When i create a user Cerverus asks me for virtual root folder and i add ... login prompts. ... Also are you sure about port forwarding 20 and 21 ports. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)