Smart Card Base Components problem on XP
From: William Dicks (william.dicks_at_bluefish.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:23:29 +0200
I used to run Win2k on my machine. Last week I upgraded to XP, and
since then my applications that make use of smart cards can no longer
see any smart card readers connected to my machine. I ran the smart
card reader diagnostic tool and it reported the following:
1. Windows XP (Version 5.1, Build 2600), "Service Pack 2"
2. Locale ID: 1c09 (English)
3. Windows Folder: C:\WINNT
4. PC/SC initialised
5. SCardEstablishContext failed. Message: SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE
6. CTAPI initialised
7. SCARD32.DLL loaded
8. CHIPDRIVE driver version: SCardServer V2.14.41
9. The driver is installed correctly.
10. List of found chip card reader(s)
11. 1 devices with CHIPDRIVE SCARD Interface support:
12. CHIPDRIVE extern I USB at COM2 Status: valid PrID: 67/0
13. Card in reader at port COM2 read successfully via SCARD
This occurred even before loading SP2. As you can see in line 5 that
after PC/SC was initialised SCardEstablishContext still failed and
that no smart card manager service could be found. However, when I
check the the services from the control panel, I see that the Smart
Card manager is running. I have also done the "scardsvr reinstall"
command, but to no avail.
Can anyone help me in this regard?