RE: can you use 3DES encryption algorithm on 9x Systems?

From: lelteto (
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:13:02 -0800

Did you install the high (128 bit) crypto extension? I tink that's required
if you want to use strong crypto.

"Alvaro" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to generate a 3des key by using CryptGenKey. I am using the
> Microsoft Enhance Cryptographic Provider and everything works fine in Windows
> 2000 but
> when I run my application over a 98 system I get an error on the
> cryptAcquireContext call: "NTE_KEYSET_NOT_DEF: The key container specified by
> pszContainer does not exist, or the requested provider does not exist."
> My question is as follows: does anybody know if you can use Microsoft
> Enhance Cryptographic Provider in a 9x sytem. If so, could you tell me how?
> Thanks a lot.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider on Win2k
    ... RSA_PROV_FULL supported cryptographic algorithms ... > The TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider calls the native Crypto API to implement TripleDES. ... > the Microsoft Base Cryptographic Provider. ...
  • Re: _CRYPT problem between Win2000 and XP
    ... different Crypto Provder versions are usually causing ... > rsaenh.dll file in the Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0 key ...
  • An NTE_BAD_DATA error returned by CryptDecrypt()
    ... Microsoft Certificates and Crypto API. ... Currently the SSL connection between my client and server works, ... "Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0", ... I created the user certificate and its trust point, ...
  • Re: Storing user information as RC4 - safe?
    ... Microsoft is notoriously incompetent at implimenting crypto-- they ... Use some public source code for crypto. ... Once you've decided to use Windows, ...
  • Problem not solved...
    ... :) But in Russia we have some more secured crypto algs, as i think, and published corresponding RFC's. ... remaping functions from Microsoft security dll-s is not good practice. ... use an unknown algo. ... I need write my own sspi? ...