Reading server certificate

mmicko_at_gmail.com
Date: 01/05/05

Date: 5 Jan 2005 09:22:53 -0800

Hi all,

I wondering is it possible to read server certificate (subject field,
or CN only) when accessing https site from IE and how?

I am trying to find way how to determine am I on site which use
particular certificate.
For example when I go to https://login.yahoo.com (certificate is issued
by verisign) I need somehow read cn field from server cert, like CN =
login.yahoo.com. on this way I will know that I am on yahoo site.
Solutions like reading url from IE are not appropriate for application.

I have implement certificate store provider, but IE search only for
Verisign CA cert (by MD5 pub key) not for login.yahoo.com cert since
this is server cert.

Can I read it using BHO (browser helper object) or there is some other
way of doing this?

Thanks,
Micko

Relevant Pages

  • RPC over HTTP, Microsoft solution
    ... Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios ... Place a check in the box next to 'Certificate Services' and click 'Yes' ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: Configuring LDAP on Entourage 2004 OS X
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... does not work with a self signed SSL certificate OR with the SSL ... configure the System to allow OMA and "Server ActiveSync" access from the ... Configuring Exchange Server 2003 for Client Access. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configuring SBS2003 for OWA and RWW
    ... And make sure certificate will not be ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... next to Preferred DNS server and next to ... If you are using ISA, please go to ISA management console, and navigate ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SSL Problem with Name of Certificate Not Matched
    ... >>> server certificate for a website. ... >>> access the https site, a Security Alert pops up ... >>> certificate matched exactly as the requested website. ...