Re: CSP DLL...

From: lelteto (lelteto_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/08/04

    Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:09:02 -0800

    Or you can patch advapi32.dll yourself.
    There were posts on this discussion forum about various versions (what bytes
    to patch to what values). Please search for "advapi32" in the archives.

    Laszlo Elteto
    SafeNet, Inc.

    "David Cross [MS]" wrote:

    > Starting with Windows 2000 SP3, there is no longer a patched advapi32.dll
    > for using unsigned CSPs. You must either have the CSP signed or attach a
    > kernel debugger to the system to use an unsigned CSP.
    >
    > --
    > David B. Cross [MS]
    > --
    >
    > Top Whitepapers:
    >
    > Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx
    > Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx
    > Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto/tshtcrl.mspx
    > Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx
    > Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx
    >
    > "Prassi" <Prassi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I am involved in custom CSP creation...and I have a strange problem...
    > >
    > > I am able to build my CSP DLL in Windows98 but not in Windows XP...In XP
    > > it says, "Failed or dont know to build .pch file"... but the same code
    > > works
    > > well in Win98...! ( I can create normal DLLs but only with this source
    > > code
    > > that it gives such an error )
    > > Why does this happen...? Also there is no "advapi32.dll" file specific
    > > for
    > > Win XP in CSPDK...! What file to use then...???
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated...

    • Re: advapi32.dll patch for W2K3
      ... But there is 'unsupported' patch posted on this discussion group. ... "advapi32" and you'll find patch bytes for various Windows versions. ... > Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI: ... > Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide: ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Opening Excel 2003 PC files in Mac Excel 2008 - cannot save changes in .xls format?
      ... I can't think of any workaround. ... There is no patch that I know of. ... probably develop an apple script to rename the files. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
    • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-007 - 815021
      ... and observe any ill-effects. ... I must be a monkey. ... We get a patch today, ... >half the monkeys in charge of the windows server won't ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: FTP server appears to stop responding on Windows Server 2003 SP2
      ... but if you are facing issue after the patch, ... You can find a list of updates in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 on ... This bug still has to be fixed by Microsoft. ... When looking on a a windows 2003 server where Service Pack 2 is installed, ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • Re: Security patch from Microsoft.
      ... Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at ... Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone ... >I keep getting a mail message from Microsoft Security. ... > It read: Use this patch Immediately". ...