Howto identify a ca or root certificate

From: Mats Pettersson (Pettersson_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 04:00:02 -0800

Hi,

I am writing an application in VC++ that reads out certificates from a
smartcard and place them in MyStore in order to use them together with a self
develop csp for sll. The problem I’am having is to distingue CA or ROOT cert
from ordinary certs in order to decide in which store to put them.

Can anybody help me find an easy way to determine if a cert is a root or ca
cert?

Thanks
/Mats

Relevant Pages

  • Resolved: Root certificate exchange entourage problem
    ... > even view the root cert of the certification authority in the Microsoft Cert ... fault of the German Entourage error message. ... name in the certificate are not identical and therefore mismatch. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: WM5 PEAP with Certificates
    ... I prefer that the certificate is the only ... The important thing is that no access will be given without a cert ... EAP/TLS and you do need a user and root cert on the device. ... mobile device and the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)
  • Re: L2TP Error 781
    ... >have generated a private certificate. ... >for getting the certificate onto an XP client for testing: ... If you dbl-click the cert in the client store, is ther any problem with it? ... Look in the Trusted Root Cert Authorites for your Enterprise CA. ...