LogOn User Fails with 1327

From: Chuck P (nospam_at_crlf.com)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:01:02 -0700

    I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser
    LogonUser(txtUserNameWin.Text, txtDomain.Text, txtPasswordWin.Text, 3, 0, TK)

    I had this working for many years. Recently if failed returning
    1327 : " Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank
    passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has
    been enforced. "

    None of which is true.

    The only changes I've made was the machine making the call was a client on a
    NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches.
    I am guessing it is failing because I am trying to authenticate an account
    on a non trusted domain?

    The box where the code is running is on an AD domain but needs to be able
    to authenticate users who have accounts on NT domains.

    Is there anyway to authenticate (I just need to verify the username/pswd is
    correct) users from other domains?
    I don't want to use the NTLM ADSI provider because of kbid=218497.