LogOn User Fails with 1327

From: Chuck P (nospam_at_crlf.com)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:01:02 -0700

    I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser
    LogonUser(txtUserNameWin.Text, txtDomain.Text, txtPasswordWin.Text, 3, 0, TK)

    I had this working for many years. Recently if failed returning
    1327 : " Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank
    passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has
    been enforced. "

    None of which is true.

    The only changes I've made was the machine making the call was a client on a
    NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches.
    I am guessing it is failing because I am trying to authenticate an account
    on a non trusted domain?

    The box where the code is running is on an AD domain but needs to be able
    to authenticate users who have accounts on NT domains.

    Is there anyway to authenticate (I just need to verify the username/pswd is
    correct) users from other domains?
    I don't want to use the NTLM ADSI provider because of kbid=218497.

    • LogOnUser on XP fails 1327
      ... I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser ... 1327: " Logon failure: user account restriction. ... NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches. ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • LogOnUser Fails 1327
      ... I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser ... 1327: " Logon failure: user account restriction. ... NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches. ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • LogOn User Fails with 1327
      ... I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser ... NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches. ... I am guessing it is failing because I am trying to authenticate an account ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • LogOn User Fails 1327
      ... I am trying to authenticate users on NT networks using LogOnUser ... NT network but is now an AD client and lots of patches. ... I am guessing it is failing because I am trying to authenticate an account ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • "The page cannot be displayed"
      ... authenticate users before letting them view it. ... I've allowed anon users under the anon account. ... On the folder in the web manager on the server side I ... seem to be a hang up on file permissions at this point. ...