Re: Local System Account and services

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:17:23 -0400

Depends on the version of Windows and if you are running an Active Directory Domain.

Once you have an AD domain and you are on at least W2K PCs you can add the
computers in AD to various groups to give them access to network resources.

   joe

www.joeware.net
Jason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a service and setting it to log on as a user
> with administrator rights. I want to change this to use
> the Local System Account.
>
> My concern is that I have read that this account has full
> rights on the local PC, but has no access to network
> resources. Is this true? Or is this the case on some
> versions of Windows and not others?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best way to upgrade NT4 Domain Controller
    ... The users are already migrated into the Active Directory domain. ... I want to upgrade this server to be a 2003 ... Windows 2003 as a member server in the 2003 AD. ... An application has replaced the Microsoft Windows logon software on your ...
  • Re: Problem With Joining XP Computer to Windows 2003 Domain
    ... Update on my problem joining the 2003 Active Directory Domain from my ... I then follow step-by-step instructions in my Windows 2000 Server ... Thanks again for all your help Richard!!! ... > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ...
  • Re: Domain Controller requirements
    ... > Are there any documents out there explaining what kind of hardware is ... > recommended for a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain Controller? ...
  • Re: cant demote active directory
    ... When i try to access "Active directory domain and trusts" from the ... administartion tools, i get after a while, i get: ... # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services ... I run windows 2000 sp4 as domain-controller. ...
  • Re: ExBpa Exchange 2000 in Active Directory 2003
    ... I have a Windows 2003 x64 bit Active Directory Domain in Forest and Domain ... Can anyone elaborate on the need for the policy changes and how they might ... affect our plans to transition to an Exchange 2007 Organization. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)