Re: Manual import of pkcs12 file

From: saict (thurberk_at_cscsw.com)
Date: 07/28/04

    Date: 27 Jul 2004 17:12:45 -0700

    "Hao Zhuang [MSFT]" <hzhuang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<#2okX$$cEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    > just a little clarification: the UI you see _is_ created by DPAPI. so your
    > approach would have end up the same. you may consider using some GUI hooks.

    That's correct, yet I can gain all salient benefits from the DPAPI
    without resorting to the UI. If you don't mind clarifying a little
    further, what exactly is the nature of the DPAPI call which invokes
    the dialog? Is it simply a data protection call against the private
    key in the registry after import, is it somehow done against the
    CRYPT_DATA_BLOB object before the import takes place, or some other
    way?