Re: Generating my own Software Publisher Certificate

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:58:58 -0700

Just enroll for a "code signing" certificate using that template.

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Simo" <Simo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to generate my own Software Publisher
Certificate using Windows 2003 Certificate Services.

> The result i'm aiming for are spc and pvk files that I can then go and
sign my .net assemblies and Macro code.

> As a bit of background I'm the single developer in a small office. I write
a lot of .net code used with Excel and I need to get rid of the annoying
"Enable Macros" buttons for our own code.

> I know I could purchase an SPC from verisign, etc but this seems pointless
for my situation as the only people that will be using this code is
ourselves and we trust ourselves.

> Naturaly, I'm also the domain admin, local admin, server admin & whatever
else you can be admin of.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... I have posted a full account and sysinfo dumps for the SBS ... I ran into this problem with a few Vista Bus laptops - Whenever I tried ... Open internet explorer (no need to run as admin) and go to ... To install the certificate on Vista... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: DRA cannont open EFS files
    ... I login as admin and ran certmgr.msc. ... In Personal> Certificate folder, I ... > as the Admin who is the DRA. ... and note the certificate thumbprint of the data recovery ...
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... latest is SP3 and contain many of the KBs/Patches required for Vista ... you're a local admin by default. ... To install the certificate on Vista... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: A D-Link DWL-G650 Problem
    ... You have to contact the admin of the new location and ask for the connection credentials. ... Jack (MS, MVP-Networking) ... I get the message ("Windows in unable to find a certificate to log on to the network" ...
  • RE: DRA cannont open EFS files
    ... Actually I have the admin .PFX file imported in the Personal Certificate. ... Rebooted the machine before encrypt the file and I still cannot open the EFS ... So if a user leaves or forgets the password, how could IT open the EFS files? ...