Re: Generating my own Software Publisher Certificate

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:58:58 -0700

Just enroll for a "code signing" certificate using that template.

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Simo" <Simo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to generate my own Software Publisher
Certificate using Windows 2003 Certificate Services.

> The result i'm aiming for are spc and pvk files that I can then go and
sign my .net assemblies and Macro code.

> As a bit of background I'm the single developer in a small office. I write
a lot of .net code used with Excel and I need to get rid of the annoying
"Enable Macros" buttons for our own code.

> I know I could purchase an SPC from verisign, etc but this seems pointless
for my situation as the only people that will be using this code is
ourselves and we trust ourselves.