Re: Programmatically installing Client Root Certificates

From: Sergio Dutra [MS] (sergio_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/09/04

    Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:37:16 -0700

    You install root certificates into the "root" store. "root" is the name you
    pass in to CertOpenStore, then use CertAddCertificateContextToStore to add
    the certificate to the root store.

    Note that certificates in the root store must be self-signed. Also, the user
    will get a dialog prompting for acceptance or rejection of the certificate
    prior to it being installed. If the user rejects the certificate, it will
    not be added to the root store.