Re: CAPICOM and Enumerating AD Store

From: Shawn Corey [MSFT] (shawncor_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:42:32 -0700

Browsing the AD store is a bit different from browsing the local stores,
instead of store names like My or Root you supply the CN of the user. If the
DN for a user is "CN=A User, DC=Foo, DC=Com" then you would use a store open
like

oStore.Open CAPICOM_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_USER_STORE, "CN=A User"

The full DN is not entered just the CN= part.
This seems a little counter to what the way CAPICOM opens stores on the
local machine, but it gives the ability to browse cert stores for different
users by supplying their CN, making it easy to get encryption certs and such
for them.

--
Thanks,
Shawn
"BobO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am not having luck viewing the AD Store using VBScript.  Views of local
stores work, but a call to the AD Store always returns "The search filter
cannot be recognized".  Any code samples to help here in VBScript?  I would
like to dump all certs...