Re: distributing an application

From: jsun (jsun_at_nospam.net)
Date: 06/08/04

    Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:41:18 -0400

    Can you explain
    " the DLL bombed when trying to run CryptAcquireContext", and did you run
    the dependency walker on the deployment target?

    J.W.
    <olduncleamos@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "jsun" <jsun@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> Run the Dependency check to check what you are missing.
    >>
    >> This kind of problem happens most probably that you are linking with a
    >> newer
    >> dll in the developing machine than the one in the deployment machine.
    >
    > Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried using the dependency
    > walker app to check my dll and it reported that I need ADVAPI32.DLL,
    > GDI32.DLL, Kernel32.dll, OLE32.DLL, OLEAUT32.dll and User32.dll. I
    > have compared the version of these DLLs on my machine against the
    > deployment target and cannot find any difference.
    >
    > I will appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks again.
    >

    >> HTH
    >>
    >> J.W.
    >>
    >> <olduncleamos@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello all.
    >> >
    >> > I used ATL in VC++ 6 to come up with a COM DLL that encrypt strings
    >> > using the CryptoAPI. Everything worked fine in my development machine.
    >> > But when I tried to run the dll on production machines (Win98 IE5.0
    >> > and Win2K), the DLL bombed when trying to run CryptAcquireContext. I
    >> > have already make sure the production machines got advapi32.dll in
    >> > their system directory. Am I missing some files when I install the
    >> > DLL? I simply copy the DLL over and use regsvr32 to register it. I
    >> > know I haven't updated the SDK since I install VC6 but I am not sure
    >> > if that was necessary.
    >> >
    >> > I realized I am very new and inexperienced with this (my background
    >> > are mainly in VB) so your help and patience is greatly appreciated.
    >> > Thanks in advance!!!

    • Re: distributing an application
      ... the dependency walker on the deployment target? ... >> Run the Dependency check to check what you are missing. ... >> dll in the developing machine than the one in the deployment machine. ... > deployment target and cannot find any difference. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
    • Re: Thunking PrintDlg
      ... Please do not post multiple copies of the same message in different ... If i see in dependency viewer it is not showing me comdlg32.dll ... This is very normal for any dll. ... comdlg32.ocx in dependency walker, you will see a dependency on ...
    • Re: VC++ 2005 and IE7 dependancy problem with dwmapi.dll
      ... I don't understand why a simple MFC dll would need a function for net restore? ... Acco to other solutions on this website I had to uninstall IE7 (which I ... I recompiled the dll and now the dependency walker ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • MPR.DLL
      ... beim Einbinden einer DLL in eine Anwendung unter XP Professional bekomme ich eine Meldung, dass die DLL nicht geƶffnet werden kann. ... Gehe ich der Sache mit dem Dependency Walker nach, so bringt er mir folgende Warnung bei der mpr.dll. ... Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
    • Re: Segmentation violation
      ... DLL, so that's the first place to investigate. ... Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried Dependency Walker? ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)