RE: MS Crypto API and Sun's JCE producing different MD5 MAC Results.

From: Emile Deen (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:41:03 -0700

Try reversing the bytes. I ran into a similar thing with signatures (encryption of a hash) between Win32 & Java.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Signing before Encryption and Signing after Encryption
    ... The property that a hash match is supposed to verify (is this ... Signing before Encryption and Signing after Encryption ... Signing with symmetric keys is a lot more ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Newbie - Is this Reasonable?
    ... because this hash is stored in the database. ... So you use PKCS5v2 to generate a key hash from a salt and the user's passphrase, then store the salt and the hash in a database. ... are even more critical in database applications because the payoff from tampering with selected fields may be much higher, fields tend to be fixed-length so it's easier to tamper with them in a meaningful way, and databases lend themselves to off-line analysis, so the attacker can marshall more resources and take more time to attack your system. ... You're using a stream cipher for encryption. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Signing before Encryption and Signing after Encryption