Winscard.lib

From: Luca (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/03/04

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:01:10 -0700

Hi all,

I have problems with the smart card library I'm using, winscard.lib library, dated 1997.
In my program there is a thread that every 500 ms check if the card is in the reader, using the SCardGetStatusChange.
When the card is inserted, I read the card (synchronous card SLE4442) with some api provided by a Mcard library (library for accessing to syncronous cards).
Sometimes (frequently) after I have inserted and extracted the card for a lot of time, the SCardGetStatusChange function returns card not inserted (also if the card is inserted) and I have to restart the Pc for using again the program.
I read on internet that with old winscard library the SCardGetStatusChange can lock the resource manager of smart card, so I'm searching for another winscard.lib library.

Could someone tell me the workaround for this problem?

Thanks

Luca