From: Luca (
Date: 06/03/04

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:01:10 -0700

Hi all,

I have problems with the smart card library I'm using, winscard.lib library, dated 1997.
In my program there is a thread that every 500 ms check if the card is in the reader, using the SCardGetStatusChange.
When the card is inserted, I read the card (synchronous card SLE4442) with some api provided by a Mcard library (library for accessing to syncronous cards).
Sometimes (frequently) after I have inserted and extracted the card for a lot of time, the SCardGetStatusChange function returns card not inserted (also if the card is inserted) and I have to restart the Pc for using again the program.
I read on internet that with old winscard library the SCardGetStatusChange can lock the resource manager of smart card, so I'm searching for another winscard.lib library.

Could someone tell me the workaround for this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows logon through smart card.
    ... The card vendor should have a CSP ... You are correct that the certificate is stored only on the smart card. ...
  • external DLL in c++
    ... Library for reading public info from the SIS card ... first available (according to PC/SC card reader enumeration), ... return "The smart card resource manager is not running."; ...
  • Re: Problem accessing smart card reader via Remote Desktop
    ... Did you try to use the the Windows 2003 TS client on the ... > If you make the remote desktop connection from a Windows ... > error 'The Smart card resource manager is not running'. ...
  • Re: Help su configurazione lettori di smart card.......
    ... problema è che il sistema non funziona neanche col 10.3, ... le istruzoni del sito omnikey per il lettore di smart card. ... soltanto con Mac OS X 10.3.8 e con smart card che hanno un numero di ...
  • Re: HELP, Vulnerability in Debit PIN Encryption security, possibly
    ... school a couple of years ago where they tried to push a Smart card system. ... Your note about credit card fraud in Europe was interesting. ... a PIN for all transactions would lower the fraud cost. ...