Re: The standard that defines certificate renewal

From: Eugene Mayevski [SecureBlackbox] (mayevski_at_eldos.org)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:28:29 +0300

David Cross [MS] wrote:

> There is no real standard for renewal to be honest - other than the renewal
> request must be properly formatted, etc - same as a new request.

Ok, are there any defined (described in docs) requirements for this,
i.e. what fields the renewal request should contain?

Am I right that the renewal request is sent based on current public and
private key?

--
Eugene Mayevski
EldoS Corp., CTO

Relevant Pages

  • Programmatic smartcard logon certificate renewal on behalf of...
    ... on MSDN mentioning this as the go-to newsgroup for these questions)... ... the MSDN Article "Creating Certificate Requests Using the Certificate ... "Creating a renewal request" topic ... I've created a certificate renewal request, let's say for a user called ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Certificate Renewal questions
    ... A renewal request is a request for a new certificate signed by the old ... A renewal request submitted to an Enterprise CA may refer to a template that ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • PKCS7 renewal request
    ... I have installed stand alone certificate services on Win2K. ... I submitted a new PKCS10 request. ... documentation mentions that a pkcs#7 renewal request needs to be ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)