Re: Modifying a cert template ?

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 05:23:49 -0700

no, editable templates are a feature of windows server 2003

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws03crtm.mspx

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Oriane" <oriane@guermantes.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> is this possible to modify the basic cert template on a W2K server, in
order
> to use it with a stand alone CA ? Practically, I would like to add a field
> in the current template, to put some user ID.
>
> Oriane

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Erneutes Anwenden von DC security.inf auf bestenden DC
    ... Was genau passiert mit den bestehenden Einstellungen und Berechtigungen auf einem DC (Windows Server 2003 Std. ... die Registry und alles ... Wenn du das Template anwendest, fliegt dir die Umgebung um die Ohren, ... weil dir hinterher diverse ServiceKonten in der DDCP fehlen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: Customzing Security Template Files
    ... I tried my template editing steps with an XPSP2 ... permissions dialog box when you configure a service and you don't end up ... > As you work with the Security Templates and the Security Configuration ... >> Windows Server 2003 given the version of guide you mention). ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Win2003 Security Guide - Security Templates
    ... > I'm taking one of the security templates provided in the Windows Server ... Does it just ignore those settings in the template? ... You are right the settings are effectively ignored. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Automatic publishing of certificates in AD?
    ... IN Windows Server 2003, this can be set on a ... per template basis. ... > On technet it states that the certificate request have to contain the path ... > where the certificate should be published. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Certification Authority not showing created templates
    ... " Only a domain with the Windows Server 2003 schema will ... Enterprise Edition may issue a version 2 template ... I followed a technet article that ... Then I am supposed to go to the certification ...