RE: How to establish logon session to another domain using current credentials?

From: Rhett Gong [MSFT] (v-raygon_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:03:50 GMT

Hi Victor,
To bind to ad object, we need to use following function (or similar functions):
1>ADsGetObject Binds to an ADSI object using the current credentials.
2>ADsOpenObject Binds to an ADSI object using specified credentials
To establish a logon session.
We can use LogonUser, but it still requires credentials.

So far as I know, if we do not prompt user for the credential, our application needs to know it before the
application was created.(So there is only one way left ---- hardcode a credential for an user)
What's your idea? Or you are in a certain special scenario. Please feel free to let me know if I have something
misunderstood.

Best regards,
Rhett Gong [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.