Re: Passing Access Tokens across processes

From: Dmitrii S. Zakharov [MSFT] (dmitriiz_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/24/04

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:24:28 -0700

Hi,

these are 3 apis you can use
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/security/security/impersonateclient.asp?frame=true
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/security/security/impersonatesecuritycontext.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/com/htm/cmf_a2c_6mwk.asp

or you can just pass username/domain/password info from one process to
another and do LogonUser()
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/security/security/logonuser.asp
you will have to invent your own way of passing the credentials though

-Dmitrii

"Abhishek" <abhi_narulkar@burntmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can I pass the access token (HANDLE to a token returned by
> OpenProcessToken) from one process to
> another process, so that the other process impersonates the user and
> performs operations on the other process
> behalf.
> i.e Lets say I have a process 'A' and process 'B'. The process A wants to
> delegate some of its responsibility
> to process 'B'. Process 'B' wants the user credentials of process 'A' to
> perform those tasks.
> Question: Can process 'A' pass on its credentials to process 'B' to
perform
> those tasks. If YES, how?
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passing Access Tokens across processes
    ... these are 3 apis you can use ... or you can just pass username/domain/password info from one process to ... another and do LogonUser() ... > delegate some of its responsibility ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Passing Access Tokens across processes
    ... these are 3 apis you can use ... or you can just pass username/domain/password info from one process to ... another and do LogonUser() ... > delegate some of its responsibility ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Using the LogonUser API
    ... > APIs. ... >>Whenever I call LogonUser on a Windows 2000 system the call fails with the ... >>validating the Admin account against the local account database. ... not even local administrators hold this privilege by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)