Re: Encryption and Decryptiong using Certificates

From: rams (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/22/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:31:03 -0700

I'd same problem.
You can't decrypt using public key in MS CSP world, I hate this feature.

Here is my understanding.
If you want to encrypt using private key, use SIGNING
If you want to decrypt using public key, use VERIFY

Relevant Pages

  • [OT] Re: Basic question about Public Private Key Pairs
    ... > and private keys allow me to decrypt, but vice versa is not possible (or ... a public key and a corresponding private key. ... You can encrypt something with each key; ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: private to public decrypt now working
    ... would have the private key, all vice presidents would have a public key. ... All vice's could encrypt and only president could decrypt. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Encrypting a public Key
    ... The fact that you are bothering to encrypt this data tells me that you want ... look for the public key of the partner machine. ... Use the public key to decrypt the signature. ... > 4) To decrypt the file, the client computer simply uses it's ClientKey ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: RSACryptoServiceProvider decrypt with public key
    ... key/decrypt with the private key and encrypt with the private key/decrypt ... encrypt data and send it back to Alice. ... only she can decrypt Bob's data. ... see the public key and the encrypted data, but she could not decrypt Bob's ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: RSACryptoServiceProvider - Decrypting then Encrypting
    ... encrypt a message using the PRIVATE key and decrypt using the PUBLIC ... My own reasons for doing this are because I want to be able to encrypt ... a string that can only be decrypted using the public key that I ...