Encryption and Decryptiong using Certificates

From: sandi (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/17/04

    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:18:55 -0700

    Hi All

    I Have many certificates in my server MY Store with the
    private keys. All the clients will have certificates
    without the private keys, only the public key.

    Whenever a user wants to sign a document he will sign
    from the server using his certificate. The server will be
    always loged in as administrator. And security is
    porvided by the physical access to the server.

    First I export the public key from the certificate to
    say, a file
    CertOpenSystemStore() "MY"
    CertFindCertificateInStore() Subject Name Str

    Then I encrypt.This is another application

    2.CertOpenSystemStore() "MY"
    3.CertFindCertificateInStore() "Subject name "
    6.CryptEncrypt(), an array of 16 bytes

    I got it encrypted. Now I want to decrypt it using the
    public key from the certificates. This another application

    But Decryption fails with error 8009000D "Keys Does not
    exit"..Pleeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me....
    I dont know wats happening...
    Thanks and lots of love...

    • Re: PKI: the end
      ... The end of SSL, X.509 certificates, digital signature ... PKI is a business process that makes use of asymmetric key ... use of the "private key" are met, then a relying party may infer from ... use of the registered public key to verify a digital signature. ...
    • Re: Encrypting the response
      ... Client picks up the imported server ... public key to encrypt the request OK using my code. ... Settings 2.0>Security tab>Store location for the web service to LocalMachine. ... X.509 Certificates Accessible to WSE' implies that IIS 6 will use an account ...
    • Re: General PKI Question
      ... > encrypt the message with the intended recipient's public key. ... digital signature authentication ... Certificates were somewhat the "letters of credit" analogy (from the ...
    • Re: SFTP and FTPS
      ... 'SFTP uses keys rather than certificates. ... In public key cryptography (which is the underlying principle in both ... When you connect to a server and receive the server's ...
    • Re: PuTTY: Server refused our public key
      ... On the Linux server how do I know what version of ssh is running? ... > public and private keys and copied the public key over to known_hosts ... My PuTTY session times out very fast. ...