Re: CryptAqcuireContext logn delays

From: Ryan Menezes [MSFT] (ryanmen_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/09/04

    Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:08:03 -0700

    You probably never created any DSA/DH keys so that explains the abscence of
    that folder.

    8 is a very small number of keys so I will rule out the perf hit due to # of
    keys.

    --
    Thanks,
    Ryan Menezes [MS]
    "George Nentidis" <gnentid@msn.com> wrote in message

    > I don't have a DSS folder, I only have an RSA which contains 8 files of 1K
    > each.
    > This happens for domain accounts with no roaming profile.
    > Could this be some kind of a virus? My Anti-virus software doesn't show
    > anything though.
    > CryptoAPI is a very good place for trojan hourses.
    >
    > Thank you once again Ryan
    > George Nentidis
    >
    > "Ryan Menezes [MSFT]" <ryanmen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > For W2K and beyond keys are maintained under the userprofile at
    > >
    > > %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\<userSID>\* ,and
    > > %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\<userSID>\*
    > >
    > > Hard to tell why it would happen all of a sudden. Does this occur for
    > local,
    > > domain or roaming accounts ?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ryan Menezes [MS]
    > rights.
    > >

    > > "George Nentidis" <gnentid@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Thanx Ryan! CRYPT_VERIFYCONTEXT did the job.
    > > > This means that I have a large number of persisted keys on my system?
    > > > How can I check this out? And why did this happen so suddenly in 80%
    of
    > my
    > > > installations?
    > > > Anyway, thanks again...
    > > >
    > > > "Ryan Menezes [MSFT]" <ryanmen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > > > rights.

    > > > slow,

    API
    > > > call

    About
    > > > sec.

    > > call.

    > > that?

    • Re: CryptAqcuireContext logn delays
      ... > This means that I have a large number of persisted keys on my system? ... >> Ryan Menezes ... my encryption and hashing routines became terribly ... I found out that the CryptAcquireContect API ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Removing "BagsMRU" from registry
      ... Type regedit in Start Run and delete all these keys. ... By default the Remember each folder's view settings option is enabled. ... The changes you make to a folder's view is automatically saved when you close the folder. ... Group Policy adds this entry to the ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
    • Re: Removing "BagsMRU" from registry
      ... Type regedit in Start Run and delete all these keys. ... By default the Remember each folder's view settings option is enabled. ... The changes you make to a folder's view is automatically saved when you close the folder. ... Group Policy adds this entry to the ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Recovering encrypted files and folders
      ... You need to have a copy of at least part of the user profile e.g. ... > to extract the keys to decrypt your files. ... The profiles are under the ... > documents and settings folder and listed by user name. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
      ... and it had keys in it. ... I moved the MachineKeys folder to another location and retried the Media ... Center Connection. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)