RE: Launch apps that require admin rights under all accounts.

From: Rhett Gong [MSFT] (v-raygon_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/07/04

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:50:05 GMT

Hi Demir,
>From your description, you would like an user (who does not have admin rights) to launch an app (which require admin's privileges) at bootup.
I am thinking if a user, who does not have admin rights, can do something which requires admin's privileges, what other things this user can not do?

For your subsequent problem, I agree with the answer from Peter.
And following article demonstrates how to create a kernel object that can be accessed by a process running under different user account at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=106387.

Have a nice day!
Rhett Gong [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Help!! They want to take away our Local Admin rights!!
    ... Admin rights from developers here at work. ... What are the reasons we (developers) need to have Local Admin ... What would the impact be if we did not have these privileges? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Vista run as adminstrator
    ... Someone logged on to the computer with Admin rights on Vista is locked down, and they do not have the unrestricted rights like they had in the previous versions of the NT classed O/Ssuch has XP or Win 2k. ... The programs privileges must be escalated to do certain things. ... On Vista it's called using the Vista UAC manifest so the the program can escalate its privileges. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Administrator rights
    ... An employee has left our company and I need to give ... myself admin rights and privileges on a xp client machine with sp2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista run as adminstrator
    ... Run as Administrator is privilege escalation for a program to run with full admin rights on Vista? ... Someone logged on to the computer with Admin rights on Vista is locked down, and they do not have the unrestricted rights like they had in the previous versions of the NT classed O/Ssuch has XP or Win 2k. ... The programs privileges must be escalated to do certain things. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: administrator rights
    ... admin rights but when I was trying to uninstall some games i was done ... it's telling me I don't have the privileges to do it...WTF! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)