Re: CryptAqcuireContext logn delays

From: George Nentidis (gnentid_at_msn.com)
Date: 04/07/04

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:41:01 +0300

I don't have a DSS folder, I only have an RSA which contains 8 files of 1K
each.
This happens for domain accounts with no roaming profile.
Could this be some kind of a virus? My Anti-virus software doesn't show
anything though.
CryptoAPI is a very good place for trojan hourses.

Thank you once again Ryan
George Nentidis

"Ryan Menezes [MSFT]" <ryanmen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For W2K and beyond keys are maintained under the userprofile at
>
> %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\<userSID>\* ,and
> %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\<userSID>\*
>
> Hard to tell why it would happen all of a sudden. Does this occur for
local,
> domain or roaming accounts ?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Ryan Menezes [MS]
rights.

> "George Nentidis" <gnentid@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanx Ryan! CRYPT_VERIFYCONTEXT did the job.
> > This means that I have a large number of persisted keys on my system?
> > How can I check this out? And why did this happen so suddenly in 80% of
my
> > installations?
> > Anyway, thanks again...
> >
> > "Ryan Menezes [MSFT]" <ryanmen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Which platform are we talking about ? Do you have a large number of
> > > persisted keys on your system. ?
> > >
> > > If you dont need access to private keys, consider using the
> > > CRYPT_VERIFYCONTEXT flag.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ryan Menezes [MS]
> > rights.
> > >

> > > "George Nentidis" <gnentid@msn.com> wrote in message

> > slow,

> > call

> > sec.

> call.

> that?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ive had it! Cannot get the users to roam correctly
    ... They will need more than read rights or when the logoff they won't be able ... > Please make sure the users have at least Read permission for the folder ... please make sure that you created the roaming profile referring to ... > User Profiles and Folder Redirection FAQ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Account to run SQL services under
    ... In the security white paper for SQL 2000 it recomends to ... run the services under domain accounts with normal user ... rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Authentication schemes
    ... If these are all domain accounts and your IIS servers are members of the ... the domain then that would rule out prompting them all together. ... This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
  • Custom user group in windows XP
    ... My users domain accounts are in the local administrators groups of their ... where they can still install ALL software, change the system time, install ... users domain accounts to it and somehow grant that account enough rights to ...
  • Re: single logon for multiple domains
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... maintain 2 domain accounts. ...