Odd MSGina shutdown dialog/username behaviour

From: Seamus Hoban (s_hoban_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/06/04

Date: 6 Apr 2004 09:22:43 -0700

Hi all,

I've got a custom GINA that behaves perfectly well when logging on,
or when logging off via CTRL+ALT+DEL.
However, if I choose "Shut Down" from the Start Menu, I get the
MSGina's shutdown dialog box, which is fine - it looks different
to those of the custom GINA of course, but for this particular
application that's acceptable.

However, the log off option is just displayed as "Log off " and
not "Log off <username>."

If I put my custom GINA into the WinNT directory, renaming it
MSGina.dll, I get my shutdown dialog box, with the "log off <username>"
option as expected.

Does MSGina look for the username somewhere in the registry to which
my custom Gina ought to right, or is it ignoring the information passed
to it by Explorer.exe?

I'm on Win2K Pro SP4.

Thanks in advance!
Seamus