RE: SSL and CrytoAPI

From: henghuei (
Date: 04/06/04

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:46:04 -0700

After resoolving the compile error related to "CmnHdr.h",
I got another compile error when compiling SSLChat.cpp

You are not using the latest Platform SDK header/library
files. This may prevent the project from building correctly.
c:\program files\programming server-side applications\12-sslchat\sslchat.cpp(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SChannel.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.
* I am still confued by the error message
      You are not using the latest Platform SDK header/library
  If I have Microsoft SDK Feb 2003, how can my SDK header/library is not latest?
* This error was caused by this line in SSLChat.cpp
      #include <SChannel.h>

    Is SChannel.h a header supported by Microsoft?
* The book "Programming Server-Side Applications for Microsoft Windows 2000" was published
   by Microsoft, do you know Microsoft may have a site which has updated code for SSLChat.cpp?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Office Visual Basic
    ... any software I get a Visual Basic Compile error in hidden ... In Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows ... The Microsoft Office Startup folder or the Microsoft Excel Startup folder ...
  • Re: Northwind DB compile error
    ... namespace nwind. ... System.Data.Linq.Mapping.MappingSource mappingSource): ... Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Compiler version 3.5.30729.1 ... The compile error is telling you that the object you are trying to create new does not take a parameter. ...
  • Re: application error when launching and closing down Microsoft Word & Excel
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: ... > -when launch MS excel in MS office prof97:-> microsoft ... > visual basic: compile error in hidden module: autoexecnew ...
  • windows installer screen on WORD startup
    ... Every time I start up WORD I get the windows installer ... Visual Basic screen saying "compile error in hidden ... And on exit I gat another Microsoft Visual Basic screen ...
  • Re: Access 2002 Queries
    ... What compile error messages are you getting? ... Uncheck any libraries ... You should have Visual Basic For Applications, Microsoft ...