how to use Issuer Certificate to verify a subject Certificate??

From: rimoflove (rimoflove_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/26/04

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:20:10 +0800

I want to use the public key in the issuer's certificate which in the root
store to verify the signature on the subject certificate to check whether
the subject certificate is issued by the such certificate. Does anyone know
how to implement it?
I have used function CertVerifySubjectCertificateContext() to do it ,but it
always get TRUE regardless of any certificate i passed in the function.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Are ++ and -- operators really more efficient
    ... But you still need a way to verify that it's the right key. ... the signature contains a URL indicating ... where the certificate can be found. ... (This idea that public keys represent principals -- ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: how can we restrict what certificate WSE will use?
    ... > X509SecurityTokenManager to verify the request is from a trusted client. ... > certificate to build a valid signature and encrypted data section. ...
  • Problem verifying a X509Certificates signature
    ... One of the methods I am implementing is the Verify method. ... X509CertificateEnhanced) is signed by the public key (of another ... certificate) passed as a parameter. ... certificate's signature, to be used in the "rgbSignature" parameter. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Check EXE for MY signature only
    ... signature - but at least the code-signing certificate would reveal WHO ... I am trying to figure out how to verify that a dll is signed by my own ... I should probably compare the public key, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Problem verifying a X509Certificates signature
    ... hash they use to verify the signature is calculated from the ... ASN1 part of the X509 certificate structure that does not include the ... X509Certificate.GetCertHash() did not return the hash of the ... >> One of the methods I am implementing is the Verify method. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)