Re: Microsoft Certificate Server for Win2000/XP

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/19/04

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:18:49 -0800

You must be running a Server SKU to install certifcate services.

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"henghuei" <henghuei@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My machine is a Windows 2000 station and a Windows XP, they are not
win2000 server or
> win2003 server.
> Thus, I cannot find Certificate Services when I followed this procedure
>     Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Add Remove Window
Components ->
>     Select Certificate Services to install the Microsoft Certificate
Server

> Is there other way to install the Microsoft Certificate Server?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Provide feedback to DC promotion/replacement
    ... Go to Add/remove Windows components and see if you have Certificate services ... Also, since I am installing the new DC, I wouldn't install anything ... Can you elaborate what the functinal level must be set to Windows Server ...
  • IEEE 802.1x & EAP-TLS design based on Windows 2000 Server
    ... - Active Directory on Windows 2000 Server ... MS IAS on Windows 2000 Server (regitered in and reading from the ... - Although the MS Certificate Services are in standalone mode, ... associated pros and cons) are for such an environment, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: SSL newbie question...
    ... Certificate Services are part of Windows Server 2000/2003. ... > page you go to to submit the request and then an admin on that machine ...
  • Upgrade to 2003
    ... Exchange 2000 Server. ... I was then able to successfully create a Windows 2003 ... subsequently removing it from the network. ... Is there a way to transfer Certificate Services to the new Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: CertSvc Warning message
    ... much better to post CA questions to a windows server ... Certificate Services denied request 24873 because The requested ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)